From 8 pounds to 24, your roast turkey with lots of herbs stays moist and tender when roasted in a handy, mess-free oven bag.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 8 servings
1 Reynolds® Oven Bag, Turkey Size
1 tablespoon flour
2 stalks celery
1 medium onion
1 (8 pound) turkey, fresh or thawed*
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 teaspoon each ground thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, paprika and seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Shake flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in large roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Spray inside of bag with nonstick cooking spray, if desired to reduce sticking with large turkeys.
3. Add vegetables to oven bag. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey, pat dry and brush with oil. Combine seasonings in a small bowl; sprinkle and rub evenly over turkey.
4. Place turkey in oven bag on top of vegetables.
5. Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six ½-inch slits in top. Insert meat thermometer through slit in bag into thickest part of inner thigh no touching the bone. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
1. Bake according to times below* or until meat thermometer reads 180°F.
- 1 ½ to 2 hours for 8-12 pound turkeys
- 2 to 2 ½ hours for 12-16 pound turkeys
- 2 ½ to 3 hours for 16-20 pound turkeys
- 3 to 3 ½ hours for 20-24 pound turkeys
2. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes. Cut open top of bag. Use two carving forks, inserting one in each end, to lift turkey from bag.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
How much to buy? Estimate 1 pound turkey per person for generous servings with leftovers.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.