This one-pan dish is great for busy weeknights—plus using a Reynolds® Oven Bag means cleanup is a cinch.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
8 ounces fresh baby spinach (10 cups)
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 fresh halibut steaks (4 to 5 oz. each)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 lemon, thinly sliced
crushed red pepper (optional)
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Add flour to a Reynolds® Large Oven Bag. Shake. Place bag in 2-quart rectangular baking dish at least 2 inches deep.
2. Place spinach in bag; sprinkle with onion. Top with fish. Stir together the butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Brush over fish. Arrange lemon slices over fish. Close bag with tie (found inside package). Cut six ½-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in dish.
3. Place dish in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over dish.
4. Bake 20 minutes.
5. Cut open top of oven bag carefully. Remember: Always support bag with the dish.
6. Serve fish with spinach and lemon, and spoon any juices over the top. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
Making perfectly juicy and delicious fish doesn’t have to be so difficult. Use an oven bag to keep in the flavor and simplify cleanup. Add vegetables to the bag and have a heart-healthy meal for your family in no time!
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fibers 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.