This family-friendly main dish delivers delicious Asian flavors with tender veggies and roast beef.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 8 servings
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 medium carrot s, peeled and sliced
1 cup beef broth
4 shallot s, peeled sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 pounds beef chuck pot roast, trimmed of fat
4 cups hot cooked rice
chopped green onions and/or sesame seeds (optional)
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Do not exceed 400°F. Add flour to a Reynolds® Large Oven Bag. Shake. Place bag in a roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
2. Place carrots, broth, shallots, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and garlic in bag. Gently squeeze to blend. Add meat to bag.
3. Close bag with tie (found inside package). Holding the bag upright, cut six ½-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
4. Place pan in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over pan.
5. Bake about 2½ hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
6. Cut open top of oven bag carefully. Remember: Always support bag with pan.
7. Serve roast, vegetables, and cooking liquid over hot cooked rice. Garnish with green onions and/or sesame seeds, if desired.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
Try out this delicious spin on a classic dish and be sure to make it with an oven bag. The bag helps seal in the moisture and flavors so you’ll end up with a juicy, tender and not to mention tasty pot roast! Plus, cleanup will be a breeze because there won’t be a baked-on mess to soak and scrub later.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fibers 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.