Up your appetizer game with California-style grilled flatbreads from Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Topped with creamy avocado pesto, charred corn, red onions, arugula, and a mix of Gruyère and mozzarella cheeses, these pizzas are sure to be a summer favorite. Slather the corn with butter, wrap it tightly in foil and toss it on the grill for flame-kissed flavor with minimum mess.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
For the avocado pesto:
1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted pistachios, toasted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup For the flatbread pizzas:
2 medium ears corn, shucked
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
4 store-bought flatbread s (or naan)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
1 cup sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion s
1 cup arugula
Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Make the pesto by combining the avocado, basil leaves, Parmesan, garlic, pistachios, salt and pepper in a blender. Pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped and then with the blender running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Continue blending until the pesto is a thick paste, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Set the pesto aside.
2. Preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium heat. Spread the butter on the corn, then wrap each ear of corn in Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Place the corn on the grill, close the lid and grill the corn, turning it frequently until it is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Unwrap the corn and when cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob.
3. Brush both sides of the flatbreads with olive oil and grill them for 1 to 2 minutes on each side to warm them. Remove the flatbreads from the grill and top with the avocado pesto, Gruyère, mozzarella, red onions and corn. Return the flatbreads to the grill, close the lid and grill until the cheese is melted.
4. Remove the flatbreads from the grill and transfer them to serving plates. Top the flatbreads with arugula and crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and then slice and serve immediately.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Use Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil to ensure corn is tender and juicy.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.