Get the bacon and red potatoes ready for this German Potato Salad recipe. Make the kind of German Potato Salad that wins blue ribbons and high praise.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 8 servings
2 lb. red potatoes
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/3 cup apple HEINZ Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Fully Cooked Bacon, crumbled
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Quarter each potato and place in a pot of boiling water. Cook 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for at least 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, garlic, sugar and Dijon mustard and cook on low for 1 minute.
3. Place potatoes and bacon in a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the potatoes and stir until well coated.
4. Season to taste.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.