1/2 pound processed American cheese (Velveeta works great!), cut into small cubes
3 pounds cooked, cubed chicken breast
Mixed cheese shreds, fresh pico de gallo, and crunchy tortilla strips
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In large pot, combine oil, chicken base, onions, and spices. Sauté until onions are soft and clear (about 5 minutes).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve. Add Masa Harina "rue" to sautéed onions, bring to a boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
3. Add tomatoes and remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally.
4. Add American cheese (or Velveeta) to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
5. Add chicken; heat through.
6. Ladle into BIG ;) soup bowls. Top with mixed cheese shreds, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips. Enjoy your Chili's Enchilada Soup!