1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) Italian style stewed tomatoes
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 13x9x2 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain, Rinse with cold water, drain well, set aside.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef, garlic and onion until beef is browned; drain fat. Stir in ricotta and spinach until combined. Set aside.
- In large sauce pan, combine undrained tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, tomato paste, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 min or until mixture thickens. Pour half of tomato mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Spoon meat mixture into shells. Place shells on top of tomato mixture in baking pan. Spoon remaining tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake 40 to 45 min or until heated through and cheese turns golden brown.