1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. In a small-ish microwave safe bowl (I actually use my glass measuring cup) blend together the baking cocoa and the canola oil till smooth. Sometimes warming it a little in the microwave helps make sure it is smooth. Scrape the mixture into an average sized mixing bowl with rubber spatula so you don’t miss any. Add soft butter or margarine. Whip until nice and fluffy.
2) Blend the sugar into the chocolate mixture (please note: over mixing at this point will cause the oil and chocolate to separate and you can’t save it after that so only till it’s all mixed in).
3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended after the addition of each egg (it should look like really rich chocolate mousse at this point).
4) Add the flour, vanilla and salt to the mixture and blend well.
5) Add the frozen chocolate chips to the mixture and stir to blend. (They have to be frozen or they will melt into a paste in the bottom of the pan and make for really messy serving.)
6) Pour chocolate mixture into greased baking pan, scraping the sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
7) Bake in oven 40-50 minutes testing for doneness often as oven temps vary quite drastically sometimes.