Pumpkin seed ideas abound each Autumn! Toasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious treat to enjoy all season long, which means you don’t have to wait until Halloween to enjoy these delicious morsels. Some of our recipes, like our Pumpkin-Bacon Quesadillas Recipe and our Fresh Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake call for fresh cubed pumpkin. When cutting up the pumpkin, don’t forget to save and toast the seeds for a crunchy snack! Check out all of our Pumpkin Seed Ideas to make the most out of your gourd!
Pumpkin Seed Ideas: Tips and Tricks
- When carving your pumpkins, save the seeds! Season them, then make toasted pumpkin seeds for a crunchy snack. Our oh-so-easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe produces delicious results. Or for a change of pace, you can toast butternut squash seeds, too.
- Store the toasted pumpkin seeds in an airtight container or resealable plastic food storage bag at room temperature. If the seeds start to lose their crunch, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Keep an eye on the seeds as they bake since they can easily burn.
- Hosting a pumpkin carving party? Roast the seeds while the guests are busy carving their pumpkins. Then send each guest home with a bag of the roasted seeds as their party favor.
- Check out our Halloween games and activities section for suggestions for fun party games, such “guess the number of toasted pumpkin seeds in a jar.”
More Pumpkin Seed Ideas: Flavor Boosters
- Toasted pumpkin seeds make a great crunchy topping for soups and salads.
- Use plain untoasted pumpkin seeds to prepare our irresistible Crunchy Peanut and Pumpkin Seed Brittle or creamy Spicy Toasted Pumpkin Seed Dip.
- For variety, try seasoning your pumpkin seeds with your favorite flavorings. For example, toss ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds with 2 tsp. GOOD SEASONS Italian Salad Dressing Mix, 1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper seasoning or 1 tsp. lemon pepper.