Red peppers are great on their own raw or cooked, but roasting adds extra sweetness to one of our favorite vegetables. This how-to cooking video shows you how to roast peppers easily, so you can make deliciously simple salads, appetizers and even more roasted red pepper recipes. You can also learn some easy tips to remove the skin from roasted peppers so your dishes are extra smooth.
How to Roast Peppers - Instructions
- Heat broiler. Place whole bell peppers or large on foil-covered baking sheet.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat, 7 to 10 min. or until peppers are evenly blackened, turning occasionally.
- Place in paper bag; close bag. Let stand 20 min. or until peppers are cooled.
- Remove peppers from bag. Peel away blackened skins with small knife; discard skins.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Use roasted peppers as directed in recipe.v
You may also enjoy:
Green Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
3-in-1 Italian Dip, Panini Florentine
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Dip.