Along with spring showers, April brings ripe, juicy strawberries to market. While fresh strawberries are available year-round, nothing beats the in-season berries that appear from April through June. Pick up a basket or two and use these tips to try out delicious strawberry cake recipes. Their natural sweetness makes everything better, from creamy smoothies and shakes and berry-licious pancakes to desserts of all kinds, including (but not limited to) easy pies, strawberry cheesecakes and refreshing frozen desserts. Strawberries also lend a sweet counterpoint to savory side salads.
- Toss sliced strawberries in salads or over bowls of your favorite cereal.
- Stir chopped strawberries into pancake or muffin batter.
- Add strawberries to your favorite blender drinks or milk shakes.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over a pint of sliced berries and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve the syrupy strawberry sauce over scoops of ice cream.
- Dip whole, unhulled strawberries in melted BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet until chocolate sets.
- Garnish desserts, such as prepared JELL-O Pudding, with whole or sliced strawberries.
Strawberry Cheesecake Supreme
30 Minutes to Homemade SURE.JELL Strawberry Freezer Jam
Strawberry & Cream Angel Cake
COOL 'N EASY Strawberry Pie