Many of us remember spinach as an unappetizing mound of green on our dinner plate. Today it’s a whole new story for this versatile vegetable. No longer sold only in sandy bunches, cans or frozen blocks, spinach is now a fresh convenience food. Bags of tender leaves are ready to use in truly delicious spinach recipes—and not just spinach salads. It's also terrific in all kinds of soups and pasta dishes, as well as bistro-style sandwiches, omelets, quiches and more.
- Replace some or all of the lettuce in tossed green salads with tender, baby spinach leaves for extra color and flavor.
- Strawberries, mandarin oranges, grapefruit, mangoes, apples and pears are just some of the fruits that taste great in spinach salads.
- Heat your favorite KRAFT Vinaigrette Dressing just until warm, and then toss with fresh spinach leaves for a delicious wilted spinach salad.
- Toss fresh spinach into soups just before serving, stirring until the leaves wilt. In addition to extra color, this is a great way to sneak spinach into meals.
- Spinach blends well with milk and eggs. Stir cooked, well-drained spinach into your favorite cream or cheese sauce for a tasty side dish or into omelet fillings and quiches.
- Sauté fresh spinach in OSCAR MAYER Bacon drippings, season with salt and pepper and top with cooked and crumbled bacon for an easy side dish.
- Nutmeg, garlic, lemon, cheese, mushrooms, and hard-cooked eggs all pair well with the flavor of spinach.
- Tuck fresh spinach leaves rather than lettuce into sandwiches—including pitas and wraps—for a change of pace.
- Stir fresh spinach leaves into rice, pasta dishes and stuffing during cooking for delicious Florentine dishes.
Cheesy Spinach Bundles
Spinach Quiche with Bacon
Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
Spinach Pasta Toss
Special Spinach Salad