You know grapefruit is a delicious, good-for-you fruit. But do you know how to choose the juiciest one at the market? And that it's good for so much more than eating as-is with some sugar sprinkled on top? Check out the grapefruit tips and how-tos below and you’ll be ready to get more grapefruit in your life. They can be sweet and tart additions to everything from your next salsa to your next smoothie, and they bring an awesome zing to your everyday side salads and festive Christmas salads. And they're great grilled or broiled on fish, meat and chicken, too.
- Grill or broil grapefruit slices to serve with cooked fish, pork or chicken. Brush the fruit with your favorite KRAFT Barbecue Sauce or KRAFT Dressing during cooking.
- Add grapefruit sections to fruit or green salads for a burst of refreshing flavor.
- Add grapefruit sections to your favorite molded JELL-O Brand Lemon or Orange Flavor Gelatin salad.
- Sprinkle grapefruit halves with ground cinnamon and brown sugar, then broil and top with yogurt for an easy dessert or breakfast treat.
- Squeeze grapefruit and add the juice to your favorite smoothie.
- Substitute chopped fresh grapefruit for the tomato in your favorite salsa recipe. Serve with broiled or grilled fish, chicken or pork.
- Use grapefruit juice in place of lemon juice or vinegar in homemade salad dressings.
- Grapefruit can be substituted for oranges or pineapple in many recipes.
Spinach, Strawberry and Grapefruit Toss
Salmon with Fresh Grapefruit Sauce
Broiled Pink Grapefruit
SURE.JELL® Grapefruit Freezer Jelly
Pink Grapefruit Sorbet