As a rule, fresh ginger cannot be used interchangeably with dried, pickled or crystallized ginger. Available year-round, fresh ginger complements a wide variety of foods, from savory to sweet. In addition to classic Asian dishes, use it in creamy dips, salads, side dishes, sauces, soups, marinades and with meat, fish and poultry.
- Stir minced ginger into KRAFT Barbecue Sauce for an extra burst of flavor when using to brush onto grilled meats and poultry.
- Enhance the flavor of stir-fries by cooking minced ginger with the garlic in your favorite recipes.
- Add minced ginger to marinades, soups and dipping sauces. Its flavor complements meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables and tofu.
- Infuse milk and cream with slices of peeled, blanched ginger to add exotic flavor to chocolate truffles, custard and homemade ice cream.
- Add grated ginger to your favorite KRAFT Dressing or creamy dip for instant Asian flavor.
- Bananas, apples, maple syrup and tomatoes all pair well with the flavor of ginger.
- Stir a bit of grated ginger into gingerbread, muffin or pancake batters for a hit of zesty flavor.
- Jazz up side dishes such as rice and fruit or vegetable salads with minced or grated ginger.
Speedy Ginger-Chicken Soup Bowls
Orange-Ginger Carrot Cake