While popular in Mediterranean dishes from Greece, Italy and southern France, eggplant is also a staple in Indian, Moroccan and Middle Eastern cuisines since it’s native to Asia and Africa. Meaty in texture, eggplant is often used in sandwiches and casseroles in place of meat. It’s also delicious in stews, pasta sauces and dips.
- Brush eggplant slices with oil or vinaigrette and grill with other vegetables for a delicious side dish.
- Tuck cooked eggplant slices into your favorite sandwich filling.
- Add peeled chopped eggplant to the vegetables in your favorite chili recipe.
- Prepare delicious classic eggplant dishes, such as eggplant Parmesan, ratatouille, caponata and moussaka.
- Toss chopped eggplant into your favorite stir-fry as it blends well with the flavors of garlic and sesame oil.
- Stir roasted eggplant chunks into marinara sauce before tossing with pasta.
Eggplant & Tomato Napoleons
Creamy Eggplant Dip
Zucchini & Eggplant Bruschetta Boats