Pickling cucumbers are usually smaller in size and sold mainly to food companies, though they may turn up at farmers’ markets for use in home pickling. While available year-round, cucumbers are best during their peak season of May through July.
- Tuck sliced or chopped cucumber into sandwiches or pita pockets.
- Toss cucumber slices into green salads or skip the greens and make a cucumber-only salad with some shredded carrots, thinly sliced onions and your favorite KRAFT Dressing.
- Hollow out cucumber segments and fill with flavored PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread for a quick appetizer.
- Serve creamy tuna, chicken or shrimp salads in hollowed out cucumber halves.
- Salmon and cucumber pair well together. Top cocktail rye bread slices with a cucumber slice, small piece of smoked salmon and tiny dollop of BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream for easy appetizers.
- Add chopped seeded cucumber to fruit salsas for refreshing flavor and crunch.
Easy Crisp Cucumber Salad
Easy Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Strawberry, Cucumber & Mint Salad