Golden ears of sweet corn are one of summer's true delights! Many supermarkets and farm stands begin offering just-picked, locally grown corn in July, just in time for July 4th recipes
. The harvest often extends well into September in many areas around the country. Our farmers' market fresh recipes
collection features a section on corn, and we've got a grilling corn on the cob video
as well as an article on how to grill corn on the cob
. While simple steamed or boiled corn on the cob is the classic way to enjoy sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob are quite versatile. Toss them in salads, summer chowder and salsa, or sauté with fresh herbs for a quick side dish. Whatever way you enjoy it, get it while you can: Peak season is summertime.
- Sprinkle buttered ears of corn with Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese instead of salt.
- Corn on the cob tastes great alongside grilled chicken or ribs slathered with your favorite Kraft Barbecue Sauce.
- Toss corn kernels in with the other vegetables in a mixed green salad and top with your favorite Kraft Salad Dressing.
- Stir about 1/2 cup corn kernels into corn muffin or cornbread batter before baking.
- Perk up your favorite chili or taco meat filling by adding some fresh corn kernels.
Basil-Parmesan Corn on the Cob
Farmers' Market Corn Toss
Zucchini & Corn Gratin
Creamy Corn & Turkey Soup