Sweet, juicy and fragrant, cantaloupes can be served as appetizers, desserts or beverages. The large seed cavity in the pale orange flesh can also be hollowed out and filled with other fruits or salads. Muskmelons, which are usually sold only at farmers' markets, are larger and a bit sweeter than cantaloupes but can be used in the same ways.
- Wrap strips of prosciutto around thin cantaloupe wedges for an easy-and classic-summer appetizer.
- Toss cantaloupe cubes or balls into green salads for instant color and sweet flavor. Top with a drizzle of Kraft Ranch or Catalina Dressing.
- Jazz up your favorite fruit and yogurt smoothie with the seasonal addition of juicy cantaloupe chunks.
- Purée ripe cantaloupe in a food processor or blender and serve as a refreshing cold soup topped with fresh berries and a dollop of Breakstone's or Knudsen Sour Cream.
- Stuff the hollowed out centers of cantaloupe halves with a creamy chicken or tuna salad for a quick and easy meal. Or fill with fresh berries or scoops of vanilla ice cream for a cool summer dessert.
Prosciutto, Cantaloupe and Cheese Skewers
Strawberry and Melon Salad
Refreshing Double-Melon Delight