2. PLACE dressing and beef in large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
3. COOK bacon in large pot on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp. Remove bacon from pot using slotted spoon.
4. DRAIN excess bacon fat carefully into a tin can, rather than pouring down sink. (Note: bacon fat will be extremely hot.) Place can in refrigerator until fat has solidified before discarding.
5. ADD onion and mushrooms to pot; cook on medium-high heat 10 min. or until softened. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Add beef, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, broth and bacon to pot.
6. BRING to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour 15 min. or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Makes 8 servings.