If you’re a fan of Italian food, it’s about time you learned how to make lasagna! Here at My Food and Family, we've brought back our all-time favorite recipe because it's not only deliciously cheesy, but sublimely simple. Making lasagna at home is a fun weekend project to which the whole family can contribute! After you’ve browned your meat, prepared your cheese mixture and cooked your noodles, layer all of the ingredients together and bake in the oven. Homemade lasagna is the perfect dish to share at a party or potluck, or simply to change up your weeknight pasta routine.
Read on for tips and instructions for making our Simply Lasagna recipe. Looking for more ideas? Check out our lasagna recipes collection page.
How to Make Lasagna - Preparation
Gather the following ingredients.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 container (15 oz.) POLLY-O Natural Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 jar (24 oz.) OLIVO by CLASSICO Traditional Pasta Sauce
How to Make Lasagna - Instructions
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BROWN meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine egg, ricotta, parsley, 1-1/4 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until blended.
- SPREAD 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Check Out Some of Our Favorite Lasagna Recipes
When you’ve mastered the simple lasagna, expand your repertoire with some more tasty lasagna recipes! It’s hard to go wrong with cheese, noodles and sauce, so any recipe you choose is sure to please. Make the vegetarians at your table happy with the Parmesan Veggie Lasagna in Cream Sauce or the Meatless Lasagna with Cottage Cheese. Enjoy a fusion of flavors and cultures with our Mexican Lasagna, featuring corn tortillas and salsa, or our Green Chile-Chicken Lasagna, prepared using ingredients like cilantro and green salsa. Change up the shape of your lasagna with Spinach-Chorizo Lasagna Roll-Ups, or spice things up by replacing red sauce with white in the Creamy White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna.