Get recipe: The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
Learn how to make deviled eggs and make your next get-together simply smashing. One of the joys of making deviled eggs is they are a huge hit at almost any occasion. From Easter brunch to a baby shower or from a potluck to a barbecue, deviled eggs fit naturally into just about any menu. Plus, learning how to make deviled eggs is super simple! Starting with perfectly hard boiled eggs and with just a few easy steps, you’ll have conquered making deviled eggs.
- Place your desired number of eggs into a single layer on the bottom of a large saucepan. Add enough water to the saucepan to completely cover the eggs by at least one inch.
- Bring the water to a boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, cover the saucepan. Remove from heat and cover. Let the eggs stand in the heated water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes have passed, drain the eggs. Place the eggs immediately in a bowl of ice water, and let them stand until they are cool. Feel free to change the water as necessary to maintain a cold environment for your eggs. If you’re still lacking confidence in your hard-boiled egg technique, you can check out our handy video on how to boil an egg.
- Once the eggs have completely cooled, peel them and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place to the side in a small bowl.
- Add MIRACLE WHIP Dressing or KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise to egg yolks to make them creamy and some GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard to give them a perfectly spiced flavor. Mix well. Ingredients should be well blended and an even, creamy consistency.
- Spoon mixture back into egg white halves and then sprinkle with paprika. You could also use a pastry bag to pipe the yolk mixture. If you don’t have a pastry bag on hand, you may enjoy our video on how to make a pastry bag.
Serve and Enjoy!
Now that you have the basics of how to make deviled eggs down pat, you may want to try some of our great deviled egg variations like Simple Deviled Eggs, Favorite Topped Deviled Eggs, Creamy Deviled Egg Recipe or BLT Deviled Eggs. No matter which version you decide on, making deviled eggs is a sure-fire way to bring people together.