Making pizza at home can be a fun Friday night activity for the whole family – and saves you from those delivery costs! Many, however, will opt to just add toppings to pre-packaged dough rather than making pizza dough from scratch, because they don’t know how to make pizza dough and fear it will be too complicated.
But fear not, burgeoning home pizza chefs! Making pizza dough at home is easy when you follow our simple instructions! It only takes a few minutes of prep time and uses simple ingredients like flour, salt and water that you probably have handy. Don’t miss out on the fun (and the taste!) of making your own pizza dough from scratch!
How To Make Pizza Dough – Preparation
Gather the following ingredients.
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 1 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. fast-rising yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How To Make Pizza Dough – Instructions
- Mix the cheese, yeast, salt and 4 cups flour (saving 1 cup left over) in a large bowl.
- Add water and oil; stir until the mixture forms soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic, gradually adding the remaining cup of flour.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces. Each piece is enough for a 12-inch pizza.
- Spray each piece with cooking spray. If using immediately, cover desired number of dough pieces loosely with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place remaining dough pieces in separate freezer-weight plastic bags that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Seal bags; refrigerate up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Check Out Some of Our Favorite Pizza Dough Recipes
Here’s a few of our pizza recipes that will make making pizza dough from scratch worth the effort. No matter which pizza recipe you’ll choose, you’ll get to enjoy it with this great Parmesan-infused crust.
- Tomato and Onion Pizza: This easy, vegetarian recipe is a classic! Cherry tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese are the hallmarks of any great pizza recipe, and the slivered red onions adds lots of flavor.
- Easy Prosciutto Basil Pizza: Give your pizza some real Italian flair with fresh basil leaves and sliced prosciutto.
- Pepperoni & Vegetable Pizza: Pepperoni pizza needs no instruction, but you’ll love the addition of sliced red and yellow peppers and packed arugula!
- Three-Cheese White Pizza: Tomato isn’t the only pizza sauce in town! Enjoy a creamy cheesy sauce made with dollops of cream cheese and Mozzarella. Serrano ham and coarsely crumbled bacon make it even better!