In the world of desserts, there are many players. Tangy key lime pies, spongey cream-filled cakes and baked-till-golden chocolate chip cookies come to mind. Each dessert holds a special place in our hearts (or somewhere in our stomachs, perhaps)! But of all the desserts, there has always been a queen, and her name is Ice Cream. Soft yet firm, cool yet sweetly obliging, ice cream is a perfectly regal dessert. That’s why knowing how to make homemade ice cream is so important. There isn’t always time to run to the store when your sweet tooth is calling, and besides, homemade ice cream is 100% more delicious. Explore this article from Kraft Recipes to learn how to make ice cream at home, and you can whip up this incredible dessert for your friends and families in no time. All hail the queen.
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
There are several ways you can make ice cream at home, and in this article, we’re sharing our top go-tos. A good place to start: vanilla ice cream. Don’t let this classic flavor deceive you! Simple meets sublime in vanilla ice cream, and any guest at your place will be sure to love it. We will explain two methods of making vanilla ice cream: no-cook and stovetop. See the instructions below to learn more!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pkg. (5.1 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 qt. (4 cups) whole milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Combine sugar and dry pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Gradually add whole milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the ice cream maker. Prepare following manufacturer's directions.
- Top with COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.
Easy right? Now if you’re looking for another way to make delicious vanilla ice cream, try this stovetop version instead.
Stovetop Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stir sugar, cream and milk into a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Heat just until mix is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
- Transfer cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, at least two hours. (Overnight is best.)
- Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine and churn according to manufacturer's directions, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice cream and place in freezer to freeze, two to three hours.
No matter which way you decide to make it, vanilla ice cream is sure to be a hit! But if you’re ready to upgrade, this amazing Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream might be the perfect choice for you.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 graham crackers, coarsely chopped
- Beat the first four ingredients with a mixer in a large freezer proof bowl until blended. Freeze for four hours.
- Beat cream cheese mixture with the mixer until creamy.
- ) Blend strawberries in a blender until smooth, and add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped grahams.
- Freeze eight hours or until firm.
- Let dessert stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
We hope you now feel more than ready to welcome this queenly dessert into your home! After you become a master on how to make homemade ice cream, you might be on the hunt for more tasty treats. If so, check out our dessert recipes before you go!