Here are savvy how-to tips on making your kids’ Halloween party memorable for them—and as stress-free as possible for you! Check out our general Halloween party ideas as well, which include everything from crafts and games to important safety tips. You’ll also find step-by-step recipe videos for making eek-inspiring cakes, RICE KRISPIES® Treats™, and a tasty brain—made with JELL-O, of course! For more Halloween ideas, visit our haunted Halloween hub page.
Kid’s Halloween Party Planning
- Constructing costumes, trick-or-treating and house decorating can make Halloween a busy time of year. These party tips will help make planning your child’s Halloween bash “scare-free”!
- Even if you’re just hosting a small get-together, planning ahead can be a huge help. If you’re pressed for time when selecting dishes for your party menu, pick just 1 or 2 showstopping recipes from our Halloween hub or Halloween Cupcake pages. Then, fill in the rest with store-bought treats, frozen appetizers or a large bowl of popped popcorn.
- After you’ve decided on a menu, make two grocery lists—one for pantry items you can buy right away, and another for fresh items to be bought right before the party.
- Another way to avoid party-planning stress is to start setting up decorations a couple days before the event. A few days in your festive home prior to the party will make your children extra excited for the big day.
- When arranging your party space, try to set up two smaller stations around the room—one for drinks and one for food—to eliminate traffic jams. Feel free to place snacks and finger foods throughout the party space so the children can explore while they enjoy their treats.
- Avoid a candy overload by sending home a Halloween coloring book or craft as a favor with your guests. Or, encourage kids to bring some of their own trick-or-treat loot to share with the other ghosts and goblins!
- We have even more party planning tips, decorating ideas and activity ideas in our Halloween Party Ideas. Check it out now.
Kid’s Halloween Party Games and Activities
- Kids of all ages will be kept busy with these exciting Halloween party activities. Carving pumpkins is a classic way to celebrate Halloween and a great group activity. Check out our pumpkin stencils and carving tips for easy ideas.
- For a twist on an old favorite simple party game, buy a paper skeleton at a party supply store, remove a hand or foot, and play “Pin the Bones on the Skeleton.”
- For easy and fun food preparation, get the kids involved! Ask them to help put together some of the food, like our Scary Pudding Cups or our super-simple Halloween Poke Cake. Both are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Have fun with your menu—create a “devilish” theme party with Favorite Topped Deviled Eggs, Deviled Ham Finger Sandwiches, and Under-a-Spell Red Devil Cake.
Can’t get enough caramel apples? Try our OREO Caramel-Dipped Apples for a change of pace. Making them with creamy KRAFT Caramels makes them oh-so delicious. And you’ll be amazed at how easy they are to make!