Desserts, so decorous and scrumptious all year long, look forward to Halloween as much as you do. That's when they dress up as Halloween desserts — when cakes masquerade as graveyards, cookies turn into tombstones, and JELL-O morphs into ALL kinds of creepy, crawly (but nonetheless yummy) things. These tips will show you how to enjoy all your favorite goodies as gleefully gruesome treats — whether to round out a Halloween party menu or to fill up an entire dessert-only buffet. For more wicked-good fright-night ideas, from Halloween party games to step-by-step recipe video how-tos — visit our Halloween hub page.
- Themed desserts aren't just for parties. Fun Halloween Spook Cups are festive enough for any Halloween party but also easy enough to serve as a simple weeknight dessert.
- Need to satisfy a howling group of ghosts? Our Halloween Cupcake page has got you covered.
- Another Halloween favorite, our Mallow Popcorn Balls are sure to be a hit with the kids. And it's a great way to get them in the kitchen to help out. Plus, these tasty treats are sure to be a retro favorite for the adults!
- For a special frozen treat, try our Trick-or-Treat Banana Pops. Or for an easy-to-make treat with all the flavor of caramel-dipped apples with just a few minutes prep, try our Caramel Apple Dip. You'll want to have this on hand for when the little goblins attack!
- Visit our Halloween hub page for even more great Halloween recipes and ideas.
Sweet Party Tricks and Treats
- For a simple to-die-for dip, whip together our PHILADELPHIA Pumpkin Dessert Dip. It’s a perfect complement to crisp apple slices and your favorite cookie dippers. And as a plus, it can be made ahead of time.
- Dress up your favorite cakes and cookies with simple toppings, such as Halloween-colored frostings, candy corn or Halloween-themed sprinkles.
- Spook your guests by writing their names on the cookie “tombstones” on our Graveyard Brownies.
- Your younger guests are sure to say “boo” at your party with our Boo Cups and “Boo-tiful” JELL-O Cups made with JELL-O Pudding and Gelatin.
- If serving both adults and children at your Halloween party, our Haunted House Cake is one dessert that’s sure to impress the entire crowd.
- You’d never guess our Pumpkin Spice Frosted Snack Cakes are made with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing! It’s the secret ingredient to keep the cake moist.
- Put your cakes on display by borrowing a variety of cake stands from neighbors and friends and using them to serve a variety of bite-sized desserts. Silver, white or black cake stands will fit in well with your Halloween décor.
Halloween Dessert Party
Too many desserts to choose from? Go ahead and make your Halloween bash a dessert party! Choose a few of our great Halloween cakes, Halloween cookies, RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ and a few different kinds of Halloween candy, then set it up buffet-style.