Despite that whole “trick or treat” thing, Halloween is really only about one of them: the treats! Find out how to treat all your favorite peeps with these helpful tips on good things to eat and to give. You’ll find even more recipes in our Halloween party menu—ranging from spooky-good appetizers to witches’ brews and other devilish beverages. Whether you’re hosting a kids’ Halloween party or one for the grown-ups, be sure to visit our haunted Halloween hub page for tips and how-tos on decorating, crafts, games and more.
Halloween Treats to Eat
- Halloween treats are about more than just candy. Take the extra step and serve delicious treats, such as caramel apples, home-baked cookies and/or decorated cupcakes, at your next Halloween party.
- Get the kids involved! Boo Cups are simple treats to make with your kids. Or, kids will love helping you decorate our fabulous Ghosts in the Graveyard dessert.
- Apple Monster Mouths make a festive after-school snack that kids are sure to love.
- Consider our appetizer math when you're planning your Halloween party. And don't forget to mix a few sweet bites along with the savory treats.
- Need even more ideas? Our Halloween hub, Halloween Cupcake page, and party menus for kids and adults are guaranteed to get you on the right track.
Halloween Treats to Give
- Check your school's policy on snacks. Some don't allow homemade foods at all, and others ban foods containing common allergens, such as peanuts.
- Wrap our Creepy Eyes Crispy Balls in clear cellophane bags for a fun party take-home treat or lunchbox surprise.
- Fun packaging can transform a food gift from good to great. Look at craft stores for Halloween-themed cellophane bags, treat boxes and ribbon.
- Save those special homemade treats for people you know—most non-commercially packaged items will be thrown away by concerned parents if handed out to trick-or-treaters.
- Use candy-coated sunflower seeds to decorate Chocolate Haystacks to resemble little monsters. Made with BAKER'S Chocolate, JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows and PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, they're frightfully good!