Crispy, sweet and often studded with tasty add-ins, RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ are one of the easier no-bake treats around. In this article, we go over savvy tips and advice on how to make RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ an easy and fun activity. We’re talking quicker clean up, smart storage and ways to transform them into edible gifts for the holidays like our Santa Hat RICE KRISPIES TREATS®. Whether you’re aiming for classic treats, or want to use add-ins to create Peanut Butter Treats, Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Squares and No-Bake S’more ‘Cake’, we can help you do it!
Tips and Tricks for the Best RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™
- JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows are interchangeable with regular-size JET-PUFFED Marshmallows in recipes. As a rule, you can substitute six or seven large JET-PUFFED Marshmallows for each cup of JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows.
- To avoid a sticky situation, spray your spoon with cooking spray before using to stir the melted marshmallows into the cereal.
- For easy cleanup, spray your pan with cooking spray before filling with the marshmallow-cereal mixture. Then, cover with waxed paper before pressing onto bottom of pan.
- While you might be tempted to eat the tasty cereal treats immediately after making them, let them cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting them into squares. The cooled marshmallow-cereal mixture will be much easier to cut.
- For easy cutting, unmold the pan of treats onto a cutting board. Then, use a pizza cutter or large knife sprayed with cooking spray to cut the treats into desired shapes.
- To store the treats, cover the pan with foil, or wrap individual servings with plastic wrap. You can also store these RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ at room temperature. Do not store in refrigerator as this can make the treats soggy.
Personalize your RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™
- JET-PUFFED Marshmallows come in a variety of shapes and flavors, such as strawberry or chocolate. Try new flavors the next time you prepare your favorite marshmallow recipe. For a fun and simple garnish, top frosted cupcakes with one or more of these fun marshmallow shapes.
- For holiday entertainment, use holiday cookie cutters to cut the marshmallow treats into assorted shapes. Try this fun July 4th recipe for Marshmallow Star-Shaped Cereal Treats.
- Celebrate the holidays throughout the year by serving the kids colored treats. Just stir a couple of drops of food coloring into the melted marshmallow mixture before mixing with the cereal. For example, use red food coloring for Valentine's Day or Christmas, or green for St. Patrick's Day.
- A variety of mix-ins can turn ordinary treats into extra-special ones. Try stirring a handful of mini chocolate chips, chopped PLANTERS Nuts, toasted BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut or candy-coated chocolate pieces into the cereal with the melted marshmallows.
- Make the cooled treats extra special by decorating them with colored sprinkles, canned frosting, melted BAKER'S Chocolate, small candies or colored decorating gels.
For more inspiration on all of the delicious treats you can make, be sure to check out recipes such as our Valentine’s RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™, Candy Corn RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™ or even our Cookies ‘n Cream RICE KRISPIES® TREATS™. There is never a dull moment when you have one of these delicious sweet treats to bite into and share with those you love most.