It’s not unusual for the dip to be the first thing that’s sampled at a party. To make the best first impression, check out this article on how to make dips from Kraft Recipes. No matter if the party is big or small, you’ll find delicious dips to suit your needs. Are you hosting a family get-together? Make party dips that can feed a crowd. Find quick dips you can make when you’re in a crunch for time or on-the-go dips you can carry with you to your next potluck. We also offer top-notch tips and tricks to help you along the way. Learn how to make party dips for all crowds and occasions today!
How to Make Dips for a Party: Where to Start
- Explore ideas for dips. Our collection of dip recipes are a good place to start.
- Figure out how much to make with this appetizer math chart.
- Go shopping for ingredients. Make a list beforehand to help you stay organized and keep costs down.
How to Make Dips for a Party: Best Dips for Every Need
- Best dip for feeding a crowd: Roasted Pepper and Pesto Dip. This creamy dip is a winner for deliciously savory flavor, plus it can easily be doubled depending on how big the party is.
- Best dip to save you time: Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip. This zesty dip only takes 10 minutes to put together, and you can easily prepare it ahead of time.
- Best on-the-go dip: Guacamole. This crowd-favorite travels like a champ. Store it in a covered container with a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent it from turning brown.
- Best savory dip: PHILLY Shrimp Cocktail Dip. This dip takes the classic combination of shrimp and cocktail sauce and makes it even better with the addition of a few simple ingredients, such as PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Best sweet dip: COOL WHIP Fruit Dip. Pair this dessert dip with strawberries, pineapple chunks, grapes or other fresh fruit in season.
- Best dip for bacon lovers: Bacon-Cheddar Dip. Reduced fat sour cream and cheddar join forces with OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon and green onions for a balanced, bacon-y bite with every dip.
How to Serve Party Dips:
- Veggie platters make an appearance at most parties. Try assembling your own, so you can choose the vegetables that best suit your dip. For instance, blanched French green beans taste great with our Cool & Creamy Vegetable Dip.
- Try a fruit platter for sweet dips. Find fruits that are in season to best complement your dip.
- Crackers are a crunchy classic. Crackers, chips and veggies add the crunch factor to these cheesy dips!
How to Store Party Dips:
- Safety first! Store cold dips in the refrigerator until it's time to go, then transport them safely in an insulated cooler packed with ice.
- Some brands of glass baking dishes come with tight-fitting lids. Assemble a layered dip in one of these dishes, then simply remove the lid when you get to the party!
- Transport creamy dips or spreads and veggie dippers separately in resealable plastic bags. Transfer to serving bowls or platters just before serving.
Loving these party dips recipes? You may also enjoy exploring our other appetizers!